LSI 2692: Quality Assurance Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of preemployment background verification and drug testing.
Click here for more information on the collection of Veterans and Disability information.
2692: Quality Assurance Specialist
Job StatusFull Time
DivisionTech Services - Manufacturing
DepartmentTraining Device Manufacturing
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all hardware training devices produced by LSI meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with the appropriate technical drawings and specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
•Interprets and implements quality assurance standards.
•Enforces quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements to maintain product quality.
•Collaborates with all levels of management and other technical team members to develop new product, engineering designs and manufacturing methods.
•Maintains familiarity with the standards required for the LSI First Article process.
•Reads and interprets technical drawings, publications, technical manuals, performance specifications, and statements of work and ensures that work produced meets the requirements outlined within these drawings and documents.
•Follows sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting of quality data and develops trend analysis of the data collected.
•Conducts and monitors testing and inspection of materials and products produced to ensure they meet finished product quality standards outlined in the accompanying technical data.
•Recommends and implements Corrective Action Procedures (CARs) for all quality and safety issues identified.
•Identifies training needs and organizes training interventions to meet quality standards.
•Provides assistance in the documenting of management systems and job traveler generation and control.
•Responsible for Configuration Management in regards to technical drawings and documentation.
•Identifies areas for improvement in the quality system.
•Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
•Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of aviation maintenance and naval propulsion technical requirements.
• Must possess exceptional decision-making skills.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of management and technical team.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) concepts and methodologies.
• Must be able to use fabrication measuring devices, and gauges to include a ROMER arm. Education and Experience:
• Experience with blueprint reading.
• Experience or familiarization with ISO 9001:2015 highly preferred. • Current Security Clearance preferred, ability to obtain a security clearance required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in a related field , or AA/AS plus 2 years of related experience, or HS degree plus 4 years of related experience.
• Must have three (3) years of Quality Assurance experience with aircraft electrical, structural and mechanical systems.