FleetPride Branch Manager in Jacksonville, Florida
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Supervise and coordinate the activities of all staff at the branch. Maintain a safe workplace environment, ensure compliance with applicable laws and attract and retain qualified team members. It is the Branch Manager’s objective to meet or exceed the annual EBIT, sales budget and inventory goals while fulfilling the customers’ expectations for supply of product and service.
- Hire and supervise employees who meet all critical requirements and qualifications for each position (counter sales, warehouse, delivery drivers and others as approved).
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed effectively.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Communicate with employees on a regular basis to insure procedures are followed, new procedures and methods are considered and new approved methods or procedures are known and carried out on a timely basis.
- Appraise and document employee performance at regular intervals as required by company procedures, insuring a plan for improving employee performance and potential. Meet with each employee at least once a year (on their anniversary date) to formally review their performance and discuss future performance objectives and goals.
- Recommend pay increase based upon performance. Receive approval from Area Manager and Operations Manager before discussing with employee.
- Enforce company policies and procedures, abide by same.
- Counsel employees in work -related activities personal growth and career development.
- Prepare reports for the Area Manager and the Operations Manager.
- Report work-related injuries of employees to our third party administrator, Zurich.
- Work the parts counter on a weekly basis to ensure proper procedures are being followed and to maintain familiarity with the processes.
- Ensure all walk in customers are greeted immediately and an associate offers assistance within 2 minutes.
- Make certain all orders are filled at a rate of 100% accuracy.
- Post all inventory receipts daily.
- Invoice all sales daily.
- Deposit all cash receipts in accordance with instructions from accounting.
- Process all vendor invoices in accordance with instructions from accounting.
- Approve expenses (within budget limits).
- Lead sales meetings as required, but no less frequently than each month. Review territory EBIT and sales revenue to plan; find new opportunities for sales penetration of new or existing products; share successful practices.
- Maintain a top 25-customer list. Each month update and visit at least 3 customers for potential new business opportunities.
- For each account, lead the development of product pricing strategy on an annual basis.
- Suggest additions or deletions to inventory and update catalogues on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all inventory reports are reviewed weekly. Corrective action should be taken on all negative quantities. Open invoices and POs should be followed up or cancelled.
- Review the branch accounts receivable aging each week. Coordinate collection efforts with the credit department to ensure timely collection of balances due from customers.
- Establish preventive maintenance plans for equipment such as delivery trucks and forklifts along with daily inspection of such equipment.
- Annual physical inventory variances should not exceed 2% of the total inventory value.
- Maintain the branch appearance to include daily cleaning of the entire facility (inside and outside), restocking of display areas and restrooms.
- Ensure that the third ring answers the telephone and all associates answer in a uniform manner.
- _Monitoring:_Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and other individuals and organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- _Judgment & Decision making:_Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- _Management of Personnel Resources:_Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- _Communicating:_Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- _Active Learning:_Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- _Time Management:_Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- _Mathematics:_Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- _Critical Thinking:_Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- _Coordination:_Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- _Oral Expression:_ The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension_: _The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- _Problem Sensitivity:_ The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- _Deductive Reasoning:_ The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Associate’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy duty truck parts industry, including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Full time