Mayo Clinic Medical Assistant- Gate Parkway in Jacksonville, Florida
The medical assistant performs assigned tasks of direct and indirect care in the ambulatory setting to meet the care needs of patients under the direct supervision of a physician (medical acts) or assigned supervisor. The medical assistant participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the RN or physician in meeting needs of the patient/family. The medical assistant performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care. The medical assistant carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed health care personnel.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Graduate from a Medical Assistant diploma or associate degree program.
• If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of recent medical assistant experience working in an applicable setting.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Computer proficiency required, including prior experience with electronic medical record systems.
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call.
• Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
License or certification
• Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
• Arizona and Florida: Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency
• Midwest: Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
American Heart Association
American Red Cross
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Four 10 hour shifts per week. Shifts vary between 6:30am - 7:00pm
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).