SMG Parking Supervisor in Jacksonville, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Parking Supervisor position for SMG/Jacksonville. Responsible for overseeing the onsite operations for all Jacksonville Sports Complex events as it pertains to parking. He/she acts as the liaison between the onsite parking staff and the SMG event management team to deliver first class customer service to SMG Jacksonville event patrons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and assigns work location/duties of Parking Attendants and Cashiers
- Prepares, issues and reconcile change funds given to cashiers
- Conducts briefings, while providing and collection of tools/equipment given to Parking Attendants
- Provide guests with directions and other venue information
- Conduct field/lot inspections; ensure operations are running smoothly; observe/resolve potential problems; determine and report maintenance needs.
- Assigns & supervises placement of signs, traffic cones and other event set-up materials
- Supervises the processing of parking ticket sales in according to established policies and procedures
- Participate in the selection of parking staff; provide and/or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; execute discipline procedures when required according to established policies and procedures
- Resolves client and guest customer service issues with the utmost courtesy, kindness and thoroughness
- Maintains host building contact to insure smooth operation of event parking
- May assist police with traffic control; works with police in regards to law enforcement issues
- Patrols parking facilities on a regular basis to ensure operational issues are met in a safe and timely manner
- Sets-up and makes bank deposits on an as-needed basis
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read signs and follow simple oral and written instructions
- Prepare clear and concise event shift reports.
- Must have a valid state of Florida Driver's License
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve situations of conflict is mandatory
Must be able to pass a background check to include a credit history report and meet corporate minimum requirements
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Two year experience in a customer service or management environment and a minimum of two years in a supervisor role preferred
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
SMG Website: www.jaxevents.com
Recruiter: Kimberly Escolano
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled