SMG Security Officer in Jacksonville, Florida
Security License # B 1700100
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a PART TIME SECURITY OFFICER at SMG/Jacksonville. This position participates in the day to day functions of securing, directing, and promoting security and safety in the facility and provides direction, safety and security for any event related activity as required. Responsible for the overall management of security services with an overall emphasis to SMG employees and general security issues within each SMG-managed facility: EverBank Field, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Times Union Center for Performing Arts, Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville and The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Additional duties may be responsible for the development and implementation of operational policies and security-related procedures. This position secures property during the move in/out of trade shows, conventions or events, and performs the following duties personally or through subordinates. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stand guard during events. Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
- Monitor security cameras constantly.
- Write incident reports and meet with security supervisor to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to determine they are set to operate.
- Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Conduct operations checks on ammonia, boiler, Cimco Ice Machine, chillers, and reservoir.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations -- answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Document all shipping and receiving.
- Keep record of all keys, radios and other facility equipment that are signed out.
- See that every client, patron and vendor receives the best service possible.
- Confirm all vehicles entering the buildings and verify the contents of the vehicles as needed during non-event days.
- Ensure that all visitors sign in and out and are provided authorized credentials
- Inspect bags, items brought into buildings by employees
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Locks and unlocks facility doors.
- Complete detailed reports on activity during shift and maintains daily log of activities
- Keep SMG managers informed on all incidents/accidents
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Certified in CPR and other emergency/life-saving techniques.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate portable radio and standard office equipment including copier and fax machine.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must have a Class D security license
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- At least (1) year related experience and/or training in event security; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position will require a large amount of walking, climbing, stooping, and possibly heavy lifting. Position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings. This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including contact from hostile people. Note
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
SMG Website: www.jaxevents.com External applicants:https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000322111106#/
Recruiter: Kimberly Escolano SMG Jacksonville 300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd Jacksonville, FL 32202 904-630-0334
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 904-630-0334
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled