BH Management Services Inc. Groundskeeper - Alexander Pointe in Orange Park, Florida
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
Come join our growing community!
As a Groundskeeper you would have a vital role in the success of your property and maintenance staff. You would be responsible for ensuring the upkeep of community grounds, maintaining excellent curb appeal and assisting with minor maintenance tasks to support our vision of maintaining the appearance and preservation of our properties.
*About BH Management: *
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions
General Maintenance Duties
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follows and maintains the exterior preventative maintenance programs and schedules established within the company as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Reviews daily work order priorities with the Maintenance Supervisor at the beginning and end of each day.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
- Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all property-issued tools.
- This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
- Waters lawn, shrubs, flowers and performs general gardening tasks.
- Mows, trims, rakes lawn and applies lawn fertilizer.
- Blows leaves from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots or other common areas.
- Picks up exterior & interior litter; empties and sanitizes trash containers.
- May assist with maintaining sidewalks during inclement weather.
- Replaces exterior/interior light bulbs and globes.
- Assists with washing windows and common area doorways.
- Installs and maintains fences and gates.
- May power wash buildings, driveways, parking lots and sidewalks.
- May perform exterior/interior painting.
- Assists with common area hallways, breezeways, mailbox areas, stairways, amenity areas, curbs, gutters and sidewalks.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- May assist with cleaning and maintaining pool and surrounding areas.
Make Ready Duties
- Assists the office and maintenance teams (i.e. walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Assists as needed to prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.
- Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Assists with the identification and correction of hazardous community conditions.
- Assists with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Attends and participates in BH’s training programs as required.
Ordering and Maintaining Supplies
- Assists with ordering supplies and performing physical inventory of supplies.
- Works with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment needs. Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- May need to be available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred or ability to obtain
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair preferred
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- Previous knowledge of grounds maintenance, landscaping and/or general maintenance/janitorial experience helpful
- Working knowledge of basic interior/exterior maintenance, hand tools and cleaning equipment
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required based upon specific property needs
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance and repair preferred
- Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Temperature/Climate: This position will work in various environments based on the tasks that need to be completed. Work will include both outdoor and indoor environments.
Safety Considerations: This position will regularly use groundskeeper tools/equipment; hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment and cleaning equipment. May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all chemicals and/or other substances to follow all company and industry safety standards.
Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds w/assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms: stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required.
*Personal Protective Equipment necessary: * Affected employees are required to use/wear PPE such as, safety goggles, splash shield, gloves, etc.
Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Normal visual acuity required to perform tasks and use equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some over-time may be required.
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Alexander Pointe
Job Code: Groundskeeper
# of openings: 1