BH Management Services Inc. Leasing Consultant - Alexander Pointe in Orange Park, Florida
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
Come join our growing community of Leasing Consultants!
If you want a rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with ongoing customer interactions, join our growing company and you will be rewarded for your efforts and commitment to excellence! As the Leasing Consultant you would be responsible for handling all aspects of leasing apartment units in accordance with Company and Fair Housing guidelines.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all aspects of leasing units and leasing documents in accordance with Company and Fair housing guidelines.
- Executes all lease renewals to maximize resident retention.
- Ability to understand and qualify all prospective residents and maintains all resident leasing files.
- Inspects all pre-leased apartments prior to resident’s scheduled move-in date; coordinates all changes regarding resident move-outs.
- Responsible for maintaining a closing ratio of 40% or higher and 80% or higher on shopping reports.
- Understands the community, specials and floor plans and maintains waiting lists of prospective residents.
- Accountable for “shopping” competitive properties to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Responsible for knowing the status of vacant units; inspection of all pre-leased apartments and securing lease renewals to ensure that the property generates a satisfactory cash flow.
- Daily communication and collaboration with staff, Property Manager and others as needed including any service maintenance requests.
- May be asked to assist at other communities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Previous leasing experience preferred
- Strong sales and closing skills required
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands * :* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Temperature/Climate: This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
Safety Considerations: This position may operate company vehicles or office type equipment. May have exposure to a variety of physical building conditions during maintenance and/or rehabilitation projects.
Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.
Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: Will normally work a Monday-Friday schedule with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Alexander Pointe
Job Code: Leasing Consultant
# of openings: 1